Friday, March 20, 2009

Mother Nature, you are my favourite artiste

Having recently moved out to Glasnevin, I made my first visit since my primary school tour 1990 to the Botanic Gardens. I remembered little from that day back in 1990 except that i took a photo of my friends and one of the mammies said i should pursue a career in photography and I took that quite seriously and 16 years later paid €5000 to do a course which led me to the realisation that just cos an Irish mammy says you should do something, doesn't necessarily mean she's got any idea what she's talking about. Bless her.
What I didn't remember is how deadly the Botanic Gardens really are. I was awestruck. Here follows pictures of some of the plants that struck said awe.


Polypodicaeae platicerium grandis




Gondwanaland...brilliant


It got a bit softfocus..


Some South East Asian beaut




Rhododendron













What a day...the weather was amazing. I've just had some vegetarian sausages... I'm only a pair of open-toed Birkenstocks away from joining Greenpeace or keying my neighbours Jeep.

Well worth a visit, especially while the weather's good. Do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment